Ford Motor Company Economist / Econometrician in Dearborn, Michigan
Economist / Econometrician
Job Description & Qualifications:
Ford Motor Company's Global Data, Insight, and Analytics (GDIA) organization is looking for highly skilled Economist/Econometrician. This individual will assist in all phases of consumer research and development to support Ford Motor Company business units. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, Market Demand Analysis and Forecasting, Applied Microeconomics, Applied Econometrics, Industrial Organization, Labor Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, and Marketing (such as primary market research, conjoint analysis)
You will have the opportunity to work with a highly specialized team in the quantitative field that is transforming the automobile industry. \n\n\n\n
• Employ statistical / microeconomics / econometrics / industrial organization / labor economics to assess and analyze consumer data by working directly with data sources and various Ford business units.
• Explore new data sources related to automotive consumers and market outcomes. Work with various data sources and platforms to gather data.
• Develop analytic frameworks to support research effort in forecasting to enhance company’s capability in making strategic product decisions in a regulated auto industry and highly competitive market environment.
• Support the deployment of analytical tools to business partners. Maintain and enhance previously developed models and tools.
• Execute both descriptive and inferential ad hoc requests in a timely manner.
• Assist in communication/presentation of models and analytical results to business customers and executives.
• Masters’ degree in a quantitative field such as Economics (applied microeconomics, applied econometrics, industrial organization, labor economics), Statistics, or Applied Mathematics.
• 3+ years of working experience in a quantitative field such as Economics (applied microeconomics, applied econometrics, industrial organization, labor economics), Statistics, Applied Mathematics OR in lieu of work experience, a PhD in same fields
• 1+ years of experience in at least one statistical software (STATA, R, SAS)
• Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Economics (applied microeconomics, applied econometrics, industrial organization, labor economics), Statistics, or Applied Mathematics.
• Self-starter, high level of initiative, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
• Strong problem formulation and problem solving skills.
• Strong collaboration and communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
• Experience in presenting/translating complex economic theories or econometrics techniques to non-technical audiences
• Experience in multiple statistical software or programming languages
The distance between imagination and …. Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. And, it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company, your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
Business and Sales Planning Analytics