Mastronardi Products Supervisor, Crop Care in Coldwater, Michigan
Coldwater, MI, USA
PepperCo, a high-tech fresh produce greenhouse in Coldwater, Michigan, and a member of the Mastronardi Group of Companies, is currently seeking a innovated leader in the role of Crop Care Supervisor to join our team.
*Primary Function: *
The Crop Care Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that Greenhouse employees are trained and able to produce quality results efficiently. The Crop Care Supervisor is accountable for the overall aesthetics of the greenhouse and support to the Labor Manager.
- Ensure GH work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Spending one on one time with employees to ensure that greenhouse standards are being met.
- Available to supervise yearly activities such as clean-out and planting of new crop when required. Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other departments under the guidance of the Labor Manager.
- Resolve work-related issues using company procedures including the progressive disciplinary process.
- Prepare and submit quality reports to the Labor Manager.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Complete Employee Reviews.
- Be familiar with and enforce all Health and Food Safety guidelines within the greenhouse.
- Complete necessary Health and Food Safety Paperwork as required.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- At least two years Supervisory experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Literacy with MS Office products and internet navigation.
- Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities – including walking, lifting, bending, and withstanding periods of high heat.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with/manage 30+ workers.
*Working Conditions: *
- Greenhouse environment with variable and fluctuating temperatures based on the season, with high temperatures in the summer months
- Fast paced environment working on and around powered industrial equipment and background noise approaches 70 dcbs
- Must be able to work around bees.
- Will be on feet and walking and working on concrete surfaces
- Fluctuating hours and schedule subject to the crop demands.
Posted: October 16, 2020