Mastronardi Products Crop Care Supervisor in Coldwater (Maroa Farms), Michigan
The essential function is to supervise crop leads and ensure that crop work tasks are performed to meet minimum standard and minimum quality requirements. To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity; be self-motivated and determined; be a team player and behave as a professional.
- Ensure that crop leads are documenting and submitting daily progress in areas in which they supervise.
- Implement weekly “Grower Labor Needs” report
- Work tasks are done correctly and performing at a rate meeting minimum standards and quality.
- Be able to clearly convey instructions and expectations of standards and quality to the crop Leads workers.
- Ensure that crop work progress is reported into Hortimax.
- Make HortiMax swipe entries for Start of work, Registration of all Activities & End of work
- Ensure timely start, stop and break times.
- Manage work tools used by workers.
- Regular evaluations on GH laborers and Leads: based on quality and performance with the labor manager.
- Ensure equipment issues are reported by workers and conveyed to Maintenance and Labor Manager
- Make sure that all hygiene and cleanliness procedures are followed. Keep the area clean and tidy.
- Make sure that all workers adhere to company policies, rules, regulation and protocols.
- Perform corrective (disciplinary) measures, if required, to achieve work targets and ensure adherence to all company rules.
- Be able to maintain a pleasant, positive work atmosphere and team spirit, while achieving excellent efficiency and quality. Both with workers, management and colleagues.
- Communicate progress and concerns to the labor manager and greenhouse team.
- Evaluate labor needs with Labor Manager
- Adjust GH hours of work, dependent on Labor needs
- Weekly Grower walk through with either yourself and/or Labor Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Labor Manager, or designee
* Job Requirements:*
- Supervisor experience, preferable in greenhouse vegetable growing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computer programs, or willingness to learn. Such as excel/word and Hortimax.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours and long days, with minimal notice. During some periods, week hours of 60 – 70 hours are not exceptional.
- Be able to fit in our company culture: fast paced, hands on, flexible, hard working, no nonsense and getting work done.
- Positive and open attitude.
- Ability to follow and convey instructions. Dealing with different languages.
- Work in variable climate condition, high temperatures and humidity.
- Ability to lift, bend, twist and carry up to 30 lbs
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
Posted: August 8, 2018